Friday, December 12, 2014

Are you coming to the tree?

~ Eyes Open - Taylor Swift

"Is yesterday we were just children, playing soldiers just pretending, dreaming dreams with happy endings"






As I said in my previous post, I'm currently drowning in reading books. I got the book "Mockingjay' from St. Nicholas and I can't stop reading. I got it in English because I wasn't really font of the translated versions and so I can also improve my language skills. I just love the way she can describe feelings, surroundings and how the writer (Suzanne Collins) manages to take you in the story like your part of it. This book is brimmed with darkness, hope, and it's just the thing I love, rough reality and bravery and a "roadmap of emotions".

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
They strung up a man
They say who murdered three.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."

Who doesn't want to be a brave girl to lead a revolution. Katniss wouldn't, but we can admit we all admire her courage, love, and being able to speak what's on her mind. I remember the time I dared doing that I ended up being desperate almost the entire summer, and I haven't fully recovered from it yet. I guess that's why I love all those strong characters who wear their tragedies as armor, not shackles. It can be compare with reality and how I wish for a revolution in our country (in the world) where everybody is treated fair, and on equal levels, I know how hard I, others can hope or protest, it's not going to happen, not in one hundred years. We are placed in a world where you either have power or you don't. Anyway, the watercolors you see here are made by me, I hope you like them.


Share:

8 comments

Laura Jones said...

ahh, i haven't read any of the books yet, and i really need to! and your paintings are amazing, i especially like the first one! xx

Katie Frank said...

yay those paitings are so magic *_* <3 love it !

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Ellen Atlanta said...

Those illustrations are stunning <3

Angie said...

oh my god I love the watercolors so much! you are supertalented! <3 <3 <3

Jolijn said...

Wat een ontzettend mooie schilderingen! Ik ben zelf ook een fan van de boeken, ze zijn errrrug goed geschreven :)

The Fashion Panda said...

Nice post ! :)

www.thefashionpanda.be
www.thefashionpanda.be

Anonymous said...

Zo jaloers op jouw talent!


Monica Harmony's Blog

she. said...

cute outfit.

© The Mad Twins | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig