Friday, March 10, 2017

Take me back to when...

"...I made friends and lost them through the years." ~ Ed Sheeran



"And I've not seen the roaring fields in so long, I know I've grown but I can't wait to go home"

Sometimes I think back to how it was. How it was to still live with my sisters. How I worked on weekend days, got paid and spend money on things I didn't even need. How the meadow in front of our house stretched out endlessly, watching the sun touch the grass as it gentle woke the neighborhood. Spending time with the chickens in the garden. All given an unique name. Our youth spend on the countryside was priceless and I would gladly relive it again. How different it is in the city. Not in a good or bad way. Just different. You could smell the fresh  mowed grass when spring was arriving and make a giant snowman in winter. Sometimes I want time to take me back to those carefree days. Trees were our castles. Meadow flowers became crowns and we became the kings and queens of our enormous garden.
Do you think back to how things were?

Wearing: Skirt and Blouse: H&M - Bag; Primark - Shoes: New Look - Hair: Styling Vieng

Written by London






Share:

5 comments

Jenna Opsahl said...

Your words definitely resonated with me--I've just moved back to my parents' house for a bit, and there certainly seems to be a nostalgia hanging over me. It'll never be exactly like my childhood again, but I hope I can re-capture some of that mystery and happiness.

xx
www.scarlettandgiselle.com

Ginger made in Japan said...

It's so easy to daydream about old times, when we could do whatever we wanted and not to worry about bills or adult things :\
Love your hair :)

Panty Buns said...

Yes, I do think back to how things were, and I do miss the happy times with my sister.
I loved reading the blog posts and seeing the photos of you and your sisters in the countryside when you were living together - so beautiful!
You look fabulous wearing that black H+M skirt and white lace blouse.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

MILEX said...

MILEX said...

© The Mad Twins | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig